Please join us for an evening of fun with friends. There will be a $50 Lego Gift Card Door Prize for parents attending. Limited concessions and spirit wear will be available for sale. We are also seeking volunteers. We need approximately 10 individuals to assist with supervision, activity table, and concessions.
Parent Math Training Sessions: Middle School/High School Common Area with breakout sessions hosted in the following rooms:
- Grades K-2 room 119: Mrs. Samantha Dunn
- Grades 3-5 room 118: Mrs. Wellbrook & Mrs. Morgan
- Middle school room 209: Mrs. Lassiter
- High School room 317: Mr. Cochran
- High School room 316: Mrs. Bruner, author of "NEW IB Math Studies"
- There will be a centrally located resource table filled with books, games, videos, information about complementary services (Mathnasium, Kumon, Sylvan, AP Academy, IMACS, and enrichment opportunities), and flyer generated by Amy Turnbaugh with valuable pointers. Please label any resources you would like to display and turn into Mrs. Radford by Thursday or bring Friday afternoon by 6PM to MS/HS Commons Area.
- 7:00PM - Movie begins in gym
- 7:15PM -7:30PM - Administration presents "BIG" picture view about math at Neuse Charter School
- 7:35PM-7:55PM - Breakout Session 1: Parents go to the appropriate grade level classroom for coaching session. Remember you set the tone in terms of the level of rigor, meeting differentiated needs effectively, pace, and standard of expectation. Parents play a collaborative role in supporting you in positive ways. Encourage them to seek outside enrichment opportunities, but also help them understand the everyday tools you utilize in your classroom: IXL, Moby Max, Khan Academy, etc. They need to know if their child is "on-track", behind, or ahead of grade level. What can they do to support their children? Completing homework is not optional and will effect athletic eligibility.
- 8:00PM-8:20PM - Breakout Session 2 or Network with other Parents: Repeat for parents having students across multiple grade levels.
- 8:30PM - Sign-out your child(ren)
There are many cost-efficient options available to all types of learners. The resource table has many of them on display.
Should you have any questions pertaining to this please contact Charity Bouren, PTO President, Leslie Radford or Wendy Dunn.
Please note this is not a "drop-off" event both parents and students must attend.
Please Click here to RSVP